Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Vitamin D, New Doctors

Months seemed to pass quickly. I was now seeing two neurologist. My main one who gives me Botox into my calves and neck, every three months, and a New Neurologist  at UC Davis. She covered all the neurological test, and timed walk. She would see me about every six months, when she was not going over me as patient "X" to her students.
She did a vitamin D test, which came back low enough for Rickets

Rickets is a condition that results in weak or soft bones.  Vitamin D is found Low in many people that have Multiple Sclerosis

A Endocrinologist from UC Davis was brought in board, as Vitamin D, is also a Hormone.  Since I was also on Testosterone Therapy, which also can be low in multiple sclerosis,  She  would begin to monitor the whole endocrine system.

Slowly adding Vitamin D3, in hopes to get me to 80-100 range neurologist wanted me at.

Vitamin D can be tricky. To much, can leach calcium from your bones, and enter blood stream, or cause kidney stones. It took months, monitoring, the level every three months.  Gallons of urine were brought in, blood test, and her slowly raising levels of vitamin D after the tests.

 Dr.-coimbra's MS-protocol was going on in trials with good results in other countries, helping slow down Multiple Sclerosis, but my Endocrinologist was being Cautious, and not to raise it to fast.  I could understand that upon much research.  I would tell anyone to use caution and have A Endocrinologist as part of your team, when raising Vitamin D, anything above 3,000 iu/week.

For some reasons not known yet, it takes me 150,000/ iu week to maintain my vitamin D in the 80s range.   I found 10,000 iu pills made by https://www.puritan.com.   This would only mean 15 more pills A week to take, or two per day, and three on Sunday.

  Much research has to go into this high of dosage, and what not to take, to help put calcium back in my bones , as Osteopenia was found by a bone scan.

"if you have osteopenia, you have lower bone density than normal. ... Bone mineral density (BMD) is the measurement of how much bone mineral is in your bones. ... If you have osteopenia, ask your doctor about how to keep it from worsening so you can prevent osteoporosis."

Why was my body not absorbing Vitamin D, or Testosterone?. Another blog to discuss.

A Heart Dr was also brought on as part of my team. The heart is a muscle that can be attacked by Multiple Sclerosis. More about the heart later, but my heart came back strong.

Thanks for reading
JoeY

No comments:

Post a Comment