Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Constipation and MS

             The down and ugly of constipation with multiple sclerosis.




I could tell you daily how I am doing, but why re-create a scenario that has been written about? I have tried a lot of different items, and do not exclude natural fruit, like bananas, figs, dates, prunes, bran, psyllium, and more.

Within the second year of multiple sclerosis I was put on Generlac, A prescription medicine, to help chronic constipation.  Viberzi, another drug was tried for a year, for diarrhea.  Perhaps all Multiple Sclerosis problems. Metoclopramide was then used, to help bowels empty, and with how my stomach started to bloat and become distended.

my partner mentioned, what if it was not all MS?

 A upper and lower scope was done by a gastrointestinal professional a few years ago, to  to try to find answers. A few items discovered like a hiatial hernia, and ulcerative Colitis, which is listed with Rare Diseases.

VSL#3 DS  900 billion bacteria, prescription strength, has been used to help UC, and has also been used in trials with MS.  Neurologist Review,  and  Probio Multiple ND (ACTRIMS) 2017  are good places to start reading.

UC Davis, San Francisco was also doing a study with this super strength probiotic.  I was doing a mirror of this study, except I knew I was using the real VSL#3 DS.

My Stomach  has been  bloated, then became distended since the beginning diagnosis it seems, looking at last notes. Just gets worse.
 Bloating and distentention
 A bulge in my belly button was a hernia fixed  in early diagnosis.

Around the same time, Ubiome.com was doing a pilot study of the DNA of what's in your Gut.  That's for another blog of its own.

Constipation and Diarrhea still continue to be ongoing daily.   In a blog written by patientslikeme.com , they write about, and explain constipation and Diarrhea called :  Openness.

 If you never had Hemorrhoids, that's another word to look up, both the inn ward and outward ones.

A  squatty potty, or block of wood to put your feet on, along with  a proper massage of bowels, reading materials, and time also helps.

If other therapies have helped others, I would love to hear about!

Thanks for reading.
JoeY

No comments:

Post a Comment