Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2020

MS, H63D Hemochromatosis Are Associated with Primary Hypertriglyceridemia




Hypertriglyceridemia the thought of the day.

 The association with Multiple Sclerosis, the H63D gene mutations, and what it is.

high level of a certain type of fat (triglycerides) in the blood.
  • Treatable by a medical professional
  • Requires a medical diagnosis
  • Lab tests or imaging always required
  • Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong
Elevated triglycerides may contribute to many items,  much to many to get people excited without blood tests, and talk about in this blog.  My next blood tests are at the end of the year, followed up in January 2021 by a endocrinologist, my cancer Doctor, GP, and heart Dr., along with others.

Most people with elevated triglycerides experience no symptoms.


https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/94/11/4391/2596710


Mutations in HFE Causing Hemochromatosis Are Associated with Primary Hypertriglyceridemia

My Journey through Hypertriglyceridemia goes on for years now. When the levels of Iron were extremely high the summer of 2018, my tryglicerides were also in the Hypertriglyceridemia stage. The inter relationship of this and high iron , Hemochromatosis, caused by the the gene mutations of both H63D genes, is quite rare, and listed in rare diseases.

When my first thru seventeen phlebotomy or vein puncture were done to remove blood from me weekly, that started October 2018, my mind set was on the rare H63d genes involved, and the iron.

My Tryglicerides dropped in half after the phlebotomy, or vein punctures were done early 2019.  But that still left me with Hypertriglyceridemia going on.  My Heart Dr tried a drug known as Fenofibrate with me. Since the Heart is a muscle, and can be affected by multiple Sclerosis, he has been thru me on this entire journey as part of my "MD Team"

For those now curious, my heart Has always been fine. EKG done many times by many Drs. A Echo of the heart is done yearly, always looking good.  My Cholesterol levels looks great. My Heart Races like I am in a Marathon, even if sitting still. This is caused by MS.

I use a app, my heart or blood pressure designed by 

Http:www/Klimaszewski.mobi

Great app. I use a cuff on arm to put data into this App, or data from different Drs gives me many results. Shows when I was put on a heart pill, to lower readings, and data back many years. Of highs and lows.  This shows a GP not giving me a EKG, and his report even shows how high. It was my first and last appointment with him.


The Fenofibrate I became extremely allergic to. I was one of less than 3% that had a negative reaction, being caught by my Endocrinologist. Three days off, dropped my readings. Vascepa was the next Medicine to try by my Heart Dr.  This is like taking 34 omega 3 fish oil pills, but put into each 1 Gram Pill. 4 Grams daily. No fishy taste or burps.
But is supposed to help tryglicerides.

My Cholesterol is normal.

Berberine hcl, and Taurine, red yeast rice, CoQ10, along with other natural substances are supposed to help. I would check with your Dr before trying anything I have listed, as I am not a Dr.

H63D & S65C ~ The Forgotten HFE (Haemochromatosis) Mutations
Private group on Facebook is a great source of information.





Medications used in the management of hypertriglyceridemia include the following:

Fibric acid derivatives (eg, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate)

Niacin (slow-release, immediate-release, extended-release formulations)

Omega-3 fatty acids (eg, icosapent, omega-3-acid ethyl esters)

HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, atorvastatin, fluvastatin, pitavastatin, pravastatin, lovastatin, simvastatin, rosuvastatin)


The diagnosis is made on blood tests, often performed as part of screening. Once diagnosed, other blood tests are usually required to determine whether the raised triglyceride level is caused by other underlying disorders ("secondary hypertriglyceridemia") or whether no such underlying cause exists ("primary hypertriglyceridaemia"). There is a hereditary predisposition to both primary and secondary hypertriglyceridemia.[1]

Sending me notes or any info on tryglicerides will always be helpful. This is a gene handed down generations ago.

H63d/H63d means I will always be watched for iron. The tryglicerides connection is something newly found, and other members have chimed in stating the same.


Thanks for reading 
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment